be nice to someone else the other person thinks that they are making them feel bad. But other people see it as a nice compliment because it shows that the other person cares about an accident for example. If there is something wrong with your hair the person will tell you to fix it and other person will appreciate you for being honest. Honesty and kindness can be a good and bad thing but we need to make sure we use the right action with people.
Kara Gebhart idea about honesty and kindness partially related is only reasonable only if you use the correct to express yourself towards people. It can be offensive to some people but helpful to others. Both words have a positive tone but can contradict each other. Honesty and kindness aren't the same thing but neither are they the same.
I agree with Kara Gebhart. When I was a younger student I was afraid to speak up because I didn't want to hurt anybody’s feelings. I had a similar situation like Gebhart in elementary school. A rebellious girl decided to paint a chair orange and yellow, but when my friend sat down on the wet paint I knew she was in trouble. I finally had the courage to tell my friend she was stained by the wet paint. But instead of seeing me of kind my friend blamed me and suspected I had painted the chair. I was trying to be nice but instead I was the villain. I learned if you have the perfect words for bad news, you can be honest and kind.
In conclusion, we will often have a situation where we will have to confront. We need to know exactly when to be honest and kind. Even though they both may seem positive words they can impact the people differently. Honesty is having a positive way to tell the truth without hurting people and kindness is being nice with what you say. Remember when and how to use the words with people. You can still be honest and kind.



No comments:
Post a Comment